Friday, July 18, 2008

Checking in



Hello. This is LeAnne. This is my first blog post. How hip am I? Today I'm visiting at Janell's house, and we have spent the morning setting up this blog. What a great benefit it will be to have our family updates all in one place and easy to access together! So here's a little update on me. I'm helping Dad and Mom get ready for the pageant. I won't be playing Millie this year, but I'll be helping Janell and Brenda with their kids behind the scenes. Also, a friend of mine from Orem is bringing her ward's youth group to see the pageant and camp overnight and have a little tour of the Castle Dale Cemetery to see the graves of the REAL people in the pageant. No news in the social column, but the work area is going fine. I occasionally temp at Joane's office in Price and also for Carolyn Jorgensen at Castle Dale City. And the typing at home is going along as per normal. My friend Ellen Smith Hadfield is living in Castle Dale, as you may know, and her family got asked to play Wink and Anna in the pageant! She was very excited and attributes it to the fact that they are living in the red brick house where Wink and Anna lived. More likely it's because they are an energetic young couple with four little boys the right ages for the parts! Ellen and I go yard saling together occasionally. And we trade Jane Austen movies. Here's a little movie review . . . "Finding Jane" was very good but not exactly realistic. "Miss Austen Regrets" was also very good and a lot more likely to have been what really happened. And here's a book review . . . "Straight" is my favorite Dick Francis novel so far. I've read about 15 of his 30 + novels. The others are also good to greater and lesser degrees. I'd like to read ALL of his books eventually. Okay, that's enough yammering for today. I'm looking forward to reading what you all have to say!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is Dick Francis? I haven't heard of him. What do you like about his novels?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for helping me set this up, Nan. And a big thanks for all the help that you have given to me and my kids. We love you!